The University Times December, 2015- Present
– Contribute one article every week
– Construct and initiate a recruitment plan
– Organize and host meetings with staff, interns, and contributors
– Outreach to professors and students to submit their works
– Update events and assign topics with Editor-in-Chief
– Copy edit all the articles on production day
– Outreach to potential companies about print and social media advertisement opportunities with the University Times
– Help improve and manage relations with the departments, college, Association of Students, Inc. and the general public
– Brainstorm and construct plans to promote the University Times through event planning, mass email outreach, social media, etc.
– Planned the first annual Press and Friends Appreciation Reception of the UT and successfully hosted it.
Beijing Today June, 2016- August, 2016
– Had my own column that published twice a week through Beijing Today’s Wechat platform.
– Contributed two to three articles a week regarding social issues, news, education, art, etc.
– Interviewed and researched in Chinese, wrote articles in English.
– Recorded and produced audio story in Mandarin that accompanied the English articles.
Radio Show Host
Golden Eagle Radio March, 2016- June, 2016
– Golden Eagle Radio is the one and only radio station at Cal State LA and has gained much support and popularity from students and faculty throughout the years.
– Created a 30-minute interview-oriented radio show named “The Millennial View”, a dive into our generation’s mentality through conversations. It aired everyday at 4:00 p.m. PST on Golden Eagle Radio’s official webpage.
– The show contained a variety of topics: Music, politics, study abroad, etc.
– Researched and planned for each show.
– Contacted potential guests and conducted the interviews.
– Recorded every Wednesday and the show aired the following week.
American Institute for Foreign Studies (AIFS) June, 2015- May, 2016
– First AIFS Alumni Ambassador on CSULA campus.
– One of 39 ambassadors from more than 140 applications.
– Represented AIFS and encouraged students to study abroad through social media, blogging, and classroom presentation.
– Outreached to returning students to become active alumni.
– Counseled prospective students on studying abroad process.
Public Relations Intern
Fingerprint Communications January, 2016- March, 2016
– Composed pitches in fields of technology, consumer goods and fashion.
– Inputed and organized client’s schedules.
– Sent out pitches to editors, journalists, and bloggers.
– Researched and clipped press sources that mention company’s upcoming events.
President & Founder
The Aerie CSULA March, 2014- January, 2016
– The Aerie: A PR student organization to promote CSULA resident musicians through social media, blogging, official website and campus newspaper.
– Constructed website: http://www.theaeriecsula.org.
– Blogged and promoted CSULA resident and local musicians through social media.
– Gained more than 1k followers on Instagram.
The University Times September, 2015- December, 2015
– Contributed one article to the newspaper weekly.
– Drafted pitch emails to local business owners.
– Collaborated on creating a social media ads package.
– Pitched to the Dean and followed up for requesting more newsstands around campus.
– Helped the Advertising Manager with billing, recap, and contribution forms.
Beijing DongCheng District International Education Exchange Center (DCIEE) June, 2015- July, 2015
– Translated all the vocabulary in the textbook English the American Way into easily understood Chinese (Beijing Dialogue)
– Coordinated all the American teachers’ living and teaching needs in Beijing as well as providing insights of Chinese culture
– Served as the middle person between the American teachers and Chinese students, who were English teachers at Middle Schools in Dongcheng District in Beijing
– Interpreter: English & Mandarin
– Alleviated culture shock for the American teachers.
PR & Music Recruiter
Golden Eagle Radio January, 2014- August, 2014
– Scout and recruit original music from local bands and musicians.
– Set up and schedule radio interviews with musicians.
– Select interviewees, research and prepare questions.
Cache, Inc. February, 2014- June, 2014
– Pitched to customers new arrivals.
– Provided style opinions and suggestions.
– Achieved and maintained individual daily/weekly sales goals.
– Assisted with daily chores.
– Be patient with customers’ problems and prevent potential conflict.